Sunday, November 9, 2008

The beach =)

There is something about the beach that just calms me down. Takes my worries and crushes them with the flow of the tide. Make my heart, mind and soul light again. Whether it is the middle of summer and the sun is shining or the end of November and the sun is just begining to rise. I love to feel the sand beneath my feet, hear the waves crashing the shore, feel the mist on my face, and often the warmth of the sun. It's just relaxing. It gives me inspiration and makes me wonder. I think the best when I'm at the beach. It's just my idea of a perfect place. Here are some of my favorite quotes about the beach and what not:
The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.” -Isak Dinesen
“My life is like a stroll on the beach...as near to the edge as I can go.” -Thoreau
“Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.” -Anonymous
“We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.” -Mother Teresa
At the beach, life is different. A day moves not from hour to hour but leaps from mood to moment. We go with the currents, plan around the tides, follow the sun. We measure happiness by nothing we can hold... nothing we can catch. Everywhere…Life is jumping and elusive and momentously momentary. We want to [stretch] the days, distill the memories, make them last. At the same time, we know that the beauty is in the evanescence. Every wave comes in, then retreats. Every day promises, then turns its back and slips away. Every joy has a little tease in it, a give and a take, and leaves a wake of longing." Sandy Gingras

No comments: