Monday, October 27, 2008

Things to do!

So, in the begining of the year I wrote in my Journal a list of things to do before I die. It was due largely in part to the fact that I read an article in a magazine about a girl in her 20's who was diagnosed with cancer. She lived out loud and thought her family and friends how to live and love with no regrets. It was truly inspiring. She was able to accomplish more than half of the things she had written on her list of things to do; that she kept in her wallet. So, I made my own. Some I have accomplished, and I'm sure I will add to the list as I get older and see more of life. But here it is:
1. Sing…sing out loud
2. Visit Europe (mostly Ireland, Scotland, and Italy)
3. Become a pediatrician, with lots of degrees
4. Have my own practice OR become a doctor with no borders
5. Help kids in Africa and other 3rd world countries
6. Get my two tattoos
7. Learn guitar
8. Snowboard in Canada, eh?
9. Surf more… my board is getting lonely
10. Become more like my mom
11. Skydive
12. Climb a mountain
13. Parasail
14. Fall in love <33
15. Inspire a dream
16. Give back to those who gave to me
17. Pay it forward too
18. Make my own clothes
19. Travel cross country
20. Start some sort of an organization
21. Make jewelry- and lots of it
22. Run a full and half marathon; 5ks get so boring
23. Paint what I consider to be a masterpiece
24. Write a book
25. Make lots of friends
26. Have a family
27. Love myself
28. Forgive
29. Get my jeep!
30. Help a teen through a rough time
31. Complete a 3 day breast cancer walk with the women I love
32. Road trip with my best friends
33. Stop and smell the roses
34. Fight oppressions
35. Be Alive, really alive.

No comments: